What better way to refresh my blog then by sharing 10 things most people don’t know about me. I’m an open book when it comes to my social media outlets (and in person) but some things just haven’t been shared before! I shared a few snippets on my instagram but here’s the full list:
10 Things Most People Don’t Know About Me
- I often shop at second hand stores for clothing for myself and my kids. This seems like such a taboo for Pakistani people but hi! I do it!
- My closet is a perpetual mess sometimes to the point where I cannot see the floor. I have been trying to organize it every 2-4 weeks as one of my 2019 goals. This is my biggest stress in life. It is currently organized yay!
- I hardly ever cook.
- I took a cooking course with an Indian British chef and learned to make things like pakoras from scratch, naan from scratch, and dhai balle’s from scratch. She taught me how to use a knife, how to pick fresh produce, and how to get comfortable in the kitchen. So when I do cook (hardly ever), it’s pretty delicious.
- I make the best banana bread. I don’t bake often though.
- The first time I had Starbucks coffee was during the MBA program because we had a free Starbucks coffee machine. That was 8 years ago. Before that I couldn’t fathom spending more than $2 on a coffee. Unless it was french vanilla from Tims. Now I can’t drink French Vanilla’s because they’re too sweet, and spend way too much at Starbucks daily.
- I am the middle child of 5 girls. Everything you read about middle children is true.
- I have an undergraduate degree in Engineering and worked at a nuclear power plant for 3 years. I was literally “lighting up your life” even before you knew it!
- I don’t know how to ride a bike. But I did ride tandem in NYC with my hubby and it was very scary and fun.
- Sometimes when my kids throw up, I throw up, too. Just from the smell of it.
Shocked? Surprised! Or did you read through it thinking hmmm I knew all of this? Let me know in the comments or on instagram here.
Special thanks to everyone for answering my recent IG question on what you’d like me to talk about on the blog. I have lots of educational and fun blogs brewing!!!